Freeswitch to VOIP GSM Gateways
07 May 2016
Minimum/Recommended System Requirements
- 64-bit recommended ( Ubuntu 14.04 LTS )
- 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- 50GB of Disk Space
- Unlock Dongles
- SBO for Bandwidth Optimization
System requirements depend on your deployment needs. We recommend you plan for 50% duty cycle.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Download and Install : http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/14.04.4/release/
Freeswitch / GUI Installation Script
- wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-scripts/master/install/ubuntu/install_fusionpbx.sh
- chmod 755 install_fusionpbx.sh
- ./install_fusionpbx.sh install-both auto
During the install it will ask you to press continue after verifying that the command ran successfully this is usually the case so you can simply tell it to continue. The install also asks several questions.
Ubuntu LTS 14.04 Server 64 bit
Before building GSMopen module do:
1.apt-get install gsm-utils
2.apt-get install libgsmme-dev
3. apt-get install usb-modeswitch-data usb-modeswitch
- cd /usr/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_gsmopen/libctb-0.16/build
- make DEBUG=0 GPIB=0
- make DEBUG=0 GPIB=0 install
You may need to reboot to have your dongle recognized
Build and Install
After installing prerequisites (see before), go into mod_gsmopen directory and type:
- cd /usr/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_gsmopen/
- make clean
- make install
Install and edit the gsmopen configuration file:
- cd /usr/src/freeswitch.trunk/src/mod/endpoints/mod_gsmopen/configs
- cp gsmopen.conf.xml /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/autoload_configs/
- vi /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/autoload_configs/gsmopen.conf.xml
Start FS and Load GSMopen
Then activate debug logging in console and logfile, and load mod_gsmopen:
Dialplan, and how to use GSMopen for outbound voice calls
Like other endpoints it’s easy to build up useful dialplans using GSMopen.
You can use the standard format with the interface name:
To call the number “3472665618” using the gsmopen interface named “interface1″
<!– dial 3472665618 via gsmopen using interface1 interface to go out –>
<condition field=”destination_number” expression=”^2909$”>
<action application=”bridge” data=”gsmopen/interface1/3472665618″/>
The “ANY” and “RR” interfaces, poor man interface grouping
You can also use the “ANY” or “RR” interfaces
UNLOCK THE DONGLE!!!
Be sure the dongle has the “voice” capability unlocked, or unlock it with dc-unlocker ( http://www.dc-unlocker.com/ ).
MORE THAN ONE DEVICE on an USB bus without dedicated power supply can have intermittent failure, because dongles can use all of the power! If you use more than one device, use an external (or many, cascaded), powered from the wall, USB hub. That’s perfectly OK.
SBO is a highly performance VOIP bandwidth optimization service which can reduce bandwidth usage in VOIP termination /Origination upto 85%, SBO not only provide you the security and stability also provide you public and Dedicated IP so you can remotely access your GSM Gateway.